Monday, November 12, 2012

Stop to smell the diapers




Have you experienced those days of slight panic as your try and fit your baby into too small newborn diapers because somehow it might mean that she will stop growing up?  Well than you are crazy, because I have never felt that way...I am just writing this post of how I would imagine your panic as your baby grows up.  

I use the word panic in is least serious sense.  It isn't a fearful panic, but simply the realization that your (not my baby) is growing up and you really can't do anything to stop it.  You can only fool yourself into thinking that she still fits into newborns.  Her thighs are getting plumper, her belly is becoming rounder, and her cheeks are taking up more room on her beautiful little face.  She is grabbing toys, playing, interacting, kicking like she has been doing some squats in the weight room, and smiling as if the paparazzi is just around each corner.  She. is. growing. up. Your baby, not mine.

Then, after you can't justify using another newborn diaper, you go up to size ones.  You think to yourself, this is great, she just moved up to ones, I have cases of ones, obviously she will be a size one for a long time, if not indefinitely.  You forget the panic of moving out of newborns and fool yourself into thinking that you will have a size one baby and the world is your oyster.  

When you see me I see you returning a case of size one diapers because your baby moved into size two diapers before you could use all of the size ones, I won't mention how fast time goes and that your baby is growing up.  Don't worry, I'm sure she will be in size twos forever.  

And now, in all seriousness, I am thankful that my little girl is growing up.  She is healthy.  She is happy.  She loves to eat. She loves to smile.  She is loved by all that meet her.  She is a child of God.  She is a blessing! I will cherish each stage, each size of diaper, because they don't stop growing.  



No comments: