Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sew...a needle pulling thread


While my mom is an amazing seamstress, I have come to the realization that I don' t have a clue how to sew. Sure, she tried to teach me, but I wanted my stuff to look good so I would usually have to do it all. Whoops! A couple of weeks ago I tried to hem a curtain for the office at work. What a chore, getting the machine threaded was a headache in itself, not to mention my thread kept breaking once I was sewing. After some frustration and seven calls to my mom, the curtain is hemmed. It was not an enjoyable!


I have decided that my little girls will not leave for college without knowing how to sew. I felt so incompetant, so this is what I am doing. I am going to teach myself to sew. I picked a bag pattern and some great fabric, so slowly but surely I am working on the bag. I've already made some mistakes, but that is the fun of it. I am hoping to find someone that lives near me that can teach me more after I get done with the bag. When I finish the bag, I'll post a picture...it could be a while!

1 comment:

Oh Happy Day Design said...

What a fun project. I love to sew but don't have a sewing machine. I'm crossing my fingers I get one for my birthday! When I want to do a project I have to wait until I can use my moms sewing machine for now.