Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Man is home!


Tyler came home today from a fire in Burns, OR. He goes out on a fire or two each summer and works with the water pumps and weed wash. It is a great opportunity for money and it is so good for our marriage. I don't know what it is, but when he is gone/I am gone we learn so much. This time I had to do his "chores." Tyler does all of the yard work (I help and do flowers). We don't have inground sprinklers so he is always outside watering, moving the sprinkler, planting grass, laying sod, spreading fertilizer, etc. While he was gone I watered a couple of times a day, took the garbage out, etc. It made me realize how much he does to keep our house a home. It was such a blessing to have a couple of days to realize that I really don't do it all and I am blessed to have a helper. I highly recommend a few days apart for every couple. When he got home I saw him for about 15 minutes on my lunch break. I think he made me laugh the entire time! It is so nice to have him back, we both feel so blessed. We have been married for a little over a year and the best thing about marriage is even on the hard days when we don't see eye to eye, we know that we are with the person that will love us forever. I am reminded daily that no day is truly a "bad" day.

1 comment:

Oh Happy Day Design said...

Oh I am so excited to see you started a blog! Fun stuff! I totally agree with you about the time away part. I think we as married peeps (husbands & wives) start to take our spouses for granted and a little time away from each other is a good way to not only have some alone time, but to truly realize how much you need that person in your life!
Married life is so great!!