Sunday, August 31, 2008

Being lonely...a feeling I am not used to


Well, Tyler was called out on another fire on Thursday, August 28th. He found out at 11:00pm on Wednesday and left at 4:15am on Thursday morning. While I am so thankful that he is able to go and do something he enjoys for great pay, I am surprised by how lonely I am this time. I think the short notice doesn't help and he has to call me from someone else's cell phone so we only talk for 5 minutes so that we don't use all of their minutes. I am not a lonely person, I am an only child. My sister-in-law and cousin hung out with me for over 24 hrs...as soon as they left I was all teary eyed. Ahh! Not used to this. Although it is a wonderful feeling to know that I miss him so much because he is the love of my life.

1 comment:

Oh Happy Day Design said...

I always get the same way when Tyler leaves, the first day or so I enjoy to myself but then I find myself pacing back and forth waiting for him to come home. I think it's a good sign though; absence makes the heart grow fonder.