Monday, March 9, 2009

No real rhyme or reason...

Slow down...that's what everyone has been telling me. For some people, they tell me to slow down and minutes later ask me to do this or that. For one, it is a plea to have a wife who doesn't spend hours in tears due to stress. For others, it is the longing to see their daughter/daughter-in-law enjoy her days as a young 21 year old with her entire life ahead of her. So why haven't I slowed down?

I don't know why I feel the need to do so much or accomplish so much. I have always been crazy busy, but usually it all turns out okay in the end. Until now. I recently sat for a 7 hour test to be investment licensed. I put in countless hours preparing, yet I failed. I wasn't overly confident going into the test, I actually cried for about an hour the night before I took it because I felt unprepared. Everyone around me assured me I would be alright. After taking the test and seeing FAIL appear on the screen, I cried on the drive back to Nampa. I told myself I would not cry about it at work, the guys don't walk into the office in tears if they fail, so neither would I. It's like Reba sings "cowgirls don't cry." Anyway, in the days following I know that failing that test is not like me, and that was one of the first tell tail signs that I am overdoing it. Also, I am trying to say "I didn't pass" instead of "failed" because it is more positive. :-)

Although I am going going going, full time student, full time employee, full time wife, the progress in school gets further out with each semester. This is to no one's fault. I transferred from NNU to BSU and lost some credits, but my level of happiness at BSU was greatly worth the lost credits. I took 15 credits last semester while working full time, which I swore I would never do again. Then, the other night I was looking at my remaining classes and realized I would have to take 15 credits again in order to graduate when I wanted. So I decided I would do it. This is where my dear husband piped in, and co-workers, and dad, and mom, etc. I don't have to tell you what they said, you already know, you are probably wanting to tell me the same thing. So, I am slowing down. I won't gradute until December of 2010, but at least I will remember these years of my life and have great memories of doing other things besides stressing out. So hopefully, you will see me more, and I will have something to talk about besides school.

Anyway, I am putting it out there. I am slowing down. Now you know and you will hold me to it. So it may take me as long to finish my undergrad as it does a doctor to finish med school. At the end of the day, I am 21, I am young. I need to remember this, there is no rush, slow down!

No comments: