Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday blues

I don't want the title of this post to concern anyone. Christmas is amazing, wonderful, and one of my favorite times of the year. Even with all of these good feelings about Christmas, the holidays are a hard time for me. I think I blogged about this last year too, but here it is again, making me an emotional cookie baking crazy lady!

There isn't really one thing that makes me feel sad around Christmas, but just the absence of secure/fond memories. I haven't had a Christmas with both parents since 8th grade and because of this I don't really have any traditions that I hold near and dear to my heart. Yeah, I can remember some of the things we did when I was younger, but sometimes they are hard to remember without remembering the later years.

My heart often feels "hurt" during the holidays, I don't know how to explain it. It is a literal, tear-jerking, pain.

So how do I get past this? I'm not really sure. I know that I obviously need to pray about it, year round! It is only God who can bring security during the holidays, not Tyler or my own will.

No comments: