Monday, May 25, 2009

Week of...

I have friends that make a "menu" each month of what they are going to make for dinner. While I love this idea because I love being organized, when it comes to cooking I usually get inspired during the day and can't stick to a menu. For the last two weeks I have done something new and it has been pretty cool. Just thought I would share it with you.

I quickly write out a page titled "Week of Month Day-Day." Then I list the days and any special notes about that day that Tyler or myself might need to remember. For example, we are having friends over on Thursday night and I have girls night on Friday night. The next section is dinner. I list the days that we will both be home to have dinner together. The rest of the nights we either do leftovers or sack dinners at work. I usually list the main course options but don't assign them a day, that way I have 4 or 5 ideas of stuff that I have on hand. The last section is a goal section. Last week my goal was to have the house clean before we went to Park City. I pretty much accomplished that goal and I think it was because I wrote it down. This week my goal is to catch up in my summer course and to wash my face every night. Anyway, this has helped keep us on track, try it if you need some motivation and a "communication center" for those busy days.

On to the goal of washing my face every night. I know, how gross is it that I don't get to it every night. I always wash my face in the mornings, but evenings are hit and miss. No wonder I don't have amazing skin. This isn't rocket science. So, I am going to try and wash my face at 8:00 or 9:00 every night. Usually I wait until bed time and after I brush my teeth I am too tired to stand. Haha. So doing it earlier should help. So, bug me about this and make sure I do it. I'll keep you updated on my progress and if my faces shines with thankfulness for much needed night time attention.

1 comment:

Oh Happy Day Design said...

I love this idea! I do meals for 2 weeks at a time, I don't assign them to certain days either because who knows what we will be in the mood to eat each day. I should start a calendar of special things we have going on! I love that idea. As for the washing of the face.... I used to be like u, it was hit or miss, until I started washing my face earlier, just like your goal! Now I am so good at it I have added a scrub and mask to my face washing routine twice a week. My skin feels and looks so much better! Good luck!